Your wedding is a special event, and you have probably spent countless hours planning every detail. Let me help you make the music planning stress-free! I love meeting with the bride and/or groom to plan music that will reflect the love between you and your soon-to-be-spouse.
I have been playing piano for over two decades. I even took several years of piano lessons during college as part of my requirements for my music education degree. I began playing piano for weddings fifteen years ago, starting with a cousin’s wedding. Since then, I have played at weddings of many denominations and in many different locations – I once played for a wedding in the middle of a field. I am also accustomed to playing at Catholic wedding masses, which are very involved for musicians.
When you hire me as your wedding pianist, you don’t just hire me for the ceremony. Here is everything that is included in my fee:
- A sit-down meeting with the bride and/or groom to choose music (1 hour)
- Emails and phone calls between the bride/groom and pianist
- Solo practice to learn songs (10+ hours)
- Outside practice with the singer for the wedding and instrumentalists (2 hours)
- My attendance at the rehearsal (1 hour) *optional
- 20-30 minutes of solo piano music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony. I usually pick these songs but am open to a couple suggestions. (0.5 hour)
- Wedding ceremony music (1 hour)
- Post-wedding ceremony music (5-10 min until attendees have all left the church/facility)
Wedding Fee for within a 30-mile radius of Derby, Kansas: $250
Contact me to see if I am available for your wedding.