Your wedding is a special event, and you have probably spent countless hours planning every detail. Let me help you make the music planning stress-free! I love meeting with the bride and/or groom to plan music that will reflect the love between you and your soon-to-be-spouse.
I have been playing piano for over two decades. I even took several years of piano lessons during college as part of my requirements for my music education degree. I began playing piano for weddings fifteen years ago, starting with a cousin’s wedding. Since then, I have played at weddings of many denominations and in many different locations – I once played for a wedding in the middle of a field. I am also accustomed to playing at Catholic wedding masses. I am able to play at any church with a piano or keyboard.
When you hire me as your wedding pianist, you don’t just hire me for the ceremony. Here is everything that is included in my fee:
- A sit-down meeting with the bride and/or groom to choose music (1 hour)
- Emails and phone calls between the bride/groom and pianist
- Solo practice to learn songs (10+ hours)
- Outside practice with the singer for the wedding and instrumentalists (2 hours)
- My attendance at the rehearsal (1 hour) *optional
- 20-30 minutes of solo piano music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony. I usually pick these songs but am open to a couple suggestions. (0.5 hour)
- Wedding ceremony music (1 hour)
- Post-wedding ceremony music (5-10 min until attendees have all left the church/facility)
Wedding Fee for within a 30-mile radius of Derby, Kansas: $300
Contact me to see if I am available for your wedding.